Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Do You Get It?

I've been somewhat in the dumps lately. I can't decide if it is pre empty-nest syndrome, having to balance the PH budget for next year, arguing with state grantors for two months, or just wanting to spend all day every day at the swimming pool.

But, I had lunch with a delightful woman today who boosted my spirits. I was sharing information with her about Promise House and the help we need from the community; and she really got it. Now, I've been around long enough to know when someone doesn't get it at all, or somewhat gets it, or really gets it. And she REALLY got it. It was a joy to share my passion about our teens with her and see her passion spark as I talked.

Where are the rest of you??? I know there are many of you out there who, if given the chance, would really GET Promise House and what we are about and who we serve and the kind of help we need from the community (from you).

WE NEED YOU!! OUR TEENS NEED YOU!! YOU NEED US!!

Working with Promise House and our teens will change your life. There aren't many opportunities to really change someone's life for the better, but here is your chance.

Please help. We need your time, we need your money (yes, I'm actually begging), we need your passion. Go to www.promisehouse.org and check us out.

Our teens are worth your investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment