So, what are these services? Well, when you think of everything it takes to raise a child, that is what we provide. Here are just a few:
- Medical Services through the Parkland HOMES Van and Parkland Hospital Services
- Dental services through the First Presbyterian Stewpot's dental program and Parkland's Dental Van
- Food through the North Texas Food Bank
- Child care slots through the Vogel Alcove
- STD education through Planned Parenthood
- Hygiene supplies from individual and corporate contributors
- Shoes through the Wilkinson Center's annual shoe drive via Pay Less Shoes
- Two on-site DISD classrooms with certified DISD teachers
- Baby supplies from Captain Hope's Kids
- Baby showers from various churches
On top of those listed above, Promise House is connected to ALL metroplex colleges and universities. Via our training institute, graduate and post-graduate level psychology, social work, marriage and family, and counseling interns receive free clinical supervision in return for providing counseling to ALL our teens and family members. Talk about win-win!
And, we continue to develop new collaborations. This summer, we will be working with the University of Dallas on a 7-week math/science/astronomy camp, with the last week being a trip to Western States University in Colorado to view the stars through a HUGE telescope--all paid for through a grant written and submitted by the university. How cool is that??
In addition, we are hoping that Junior Players will be awarded a grant they submitted that will provide on-site theatre and drama training for our teens. AND, we recently began discussions with Junior Achievement to take part in their Finance Park financial literacy program this coming year. Finally, we will be working with Dallas Metrocare to provide psychiatric services to our teens this coming year.
These collaborations are so exciting and SO beneficial to our teens. And instead of a little help from our friends, Promise House is incredibly fortunate to be getting ALOT of help from our friends.
Thank you. The part you play in healing our kids is immeasurable.