Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Christmas Gift to Me

I have been on vacation since December 19. It's really been wonderful. Promise House was a whirlwind of activity during November and December, as usual, and us "old folks" were exhausted by the time all the parties were over.
So, as a gift to myself this Christmas, here is what I've done:

I took Promise House, all the runaway and homeless teens, all the problems with grantors, any personnel issues, building leaks, electrical problems, graffitti on the outside of the building, and anything else that has anything to do with my job, and put them all very neatly into a box. I then wrapped the box in shiny paper, put a beautiful bow on it, and put it on the top shelf of my closet....not to be opened until Monday, January 4, 2010.

So, if you see me over the holidays, don't ask me anything about PH or try to start a conversation about what I do for a living. If you do, I will look at you blankly and immediately change the subject--cause I'm REALLY good at compartmentalizing; and until Jan. 4, PH is in the compartment of "non-existent".

By doing this, I will be raring to go in January and will be ready to take on the world again.

Thanks for indulging me. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment